Hot Fudge Pudding Cake, a Cold Weather Treat
Last week, Dallas was hit hard with an icy storm. And it’s about to storm again. The ice stranded many residents at home, getting a little stir-crazy. We heard from many of our Facebook fans, that it was tough to stay away from the sweets and treats while couped up inside. Fear not! There are some sweet alternatives for you to enjoy. Remember, being Cooperized means eating healthy most of the time.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 1 1/4 c. sugar, divided
- 1/3 c. margarine, melted
- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 7 Tbsp. cocoa, divided
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 c. hot water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Blend in skim milk, melted margarine, vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into 8 or 9” square pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and 4 tbsp. cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top. Do NOT stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, spoon sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with light whipped topping (optional).
2 gm Protein
7 gm Fat
52 gm Carbohydrates
0 mg Cholesterol
258 mg Sodium
2 gm Dietary fiber