Getting to Know Kettlebells
Have you ever wondered what the weight resembling a cannonball with a handle is and why it’s useful? It’s called a kettlebell. Originating in Russia, kettlebells are a heavy piece of steel used as a weight for cardiovascular, strength and fitness training.
The kettlebell provides the following benefits for a full-body workout:
- Develops hip thrust, a power generator for athletics.
- Develops back resiliency.
- Provides an off-set center of gravity improving shoulder strength and flexibility.
- Provides strengthening for the multifidus muscle, attached to each side of the spinal cord.
- It’s a complete handheld gym (one piece of steel, used in a small space, gives you cardio, power, strength and flexibility).
Before using a kettlebell, Laura suggests finding a professional skilled in kettlebell training to ensure proper form and technique.
Watch below as Laura shows us a few kettlebell demonstrations.
For more information about Cooper Fitness Center, please visit our website or call 972.233.4832.