Some Like it Hot…Some Not
Summer is in full swing, and in the great state of Texas, July usually means 100+ degree weather. If you have a hard time exercising in the hot temperatures and the thought of even walking outside makes you cringe, consider these ideas to beat the heat and still feel the burn.
- Swim laps or take a water aerobics class.
- Consider yoga or Pilates for a good workout in the air conditioning that is sure to challenge and relax you.
- It may sound crazy, but if you have a pool, take a dip while doing outdoor work like grass mowing or gardening.
- Go mall walking. Throw on your tennis shoes and hit the mall, this time to walk it, not to shop. Your body and your wallet will thank you.
- Schedule your workout during your TV favorite show. Don’t allow yourself to watch it unless you’re on a treadmill, bike or elliptical. Plug in and the time will fly by.
Hopefully this list will trigger even more ideas for you to get up and moving despite the temperatures outside. What’s your favorite workout of choice during the summer?