A Guilt-Free Thanksgiving
The holidays are upon us! In between the hustle and bustle of holiday festivities and pulling together Christmas lists, it can be easy to forget to control our appetites and calories as delicious foods abound in our homes and at parties.
Thanks to our amazing Cooper Wellness and Cooper Clinic dietitians, there are ways to turn your traditional Thanksgiving recipes into a healthy feast for all. Sneak in nutrients along with the decadence in these crowd-pleasing recipes:
- Seven Layer Turkey Casserole
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Cran-Appleberry Sauce
- Green Bean Casserole
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Apple and Sweet Potato Pie
- Red Raspberry Mousse
- Hot Cinnamon Mulling Spice Drink
Don’t forget, a key to fending off holiday weight gain is knowing that the secret of healthy eating is all about moderation, not deprivation.
If you’d like to learn more about the secrets to a healthy Thanksgiving, join Cooper Clinic Registered Dietitian Cindy Kleckner in her upcoming culinary demonstration, “Tweaking the Turkey Tradition.” Click here to register.
- Can't seem to get on the right health track? Follow these tips from Dr. Tyler Cooper. #MotivationMonday ow.ly/cr4k30aib9j 1 hour ago
- No dinner plans? Celebrate #spinachday with our healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip! ow.ly/PO2A30af3V9 https://t.co/pksPDZcWWx 1 day ago
- Waffles for breakfast? Learn why you might want to add them to your child’s lunch instead! ow.ly/lw2l30af3BJ… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- #AskTheExperts Learn what vitamins and supplements our Cooper Clinic Registered Dietitians take? #CooperNutrition ow.ly/U8XR30aeKjj 2 days ago
- They're small, but powerful. Discover why our nutritionists recommend adding Chia seeds to your diet. #chiaday ow.ly/7Rpv30acgpp 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Aerobic vs. Cardiovascular Exercise
- Podcast: Jorn Dyerberg, MD, the Father of the Omega-3 Movement, Interviewed
- A Dietitian's Look: Whataburger's "Under 550-Calorie" Menu
- Can Canned Soup Be Healthy?
- Treadmill Stress Test at Cooper Clinic
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know about Coach Coleman Crawford
- Breaking Down Your Breakfast: Donuts vs. Eggs
- Motivation Monday: Carrying the Momentum
- Spring Into Shape: 5 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise
- KO a Heart Healthy Workout for Valentine's Day