Cooper Cares About Recycling
Today, we are celebrating America Recycles Day. At Cooper Aerobics, we are making strides every day to help our community become healthier. Through our green initiative programs, we aim to make little changes across our 30-acre campus that can make a big impact on the environment and our community.
Part of our campus-wide recycling efforts include:
- Equipping offices and meeting rooms across campus with the Single Stream Recycling Program. This program allows teammates to put all their recyclable together a convenient recycling bin.
- Using Petra amenity products in Cooper Fitness Center locker rooms – Petra products eliminate the constant disposal of packaging. Petra packaging is made from 85% recycled materials.
- Using environmentally-friendly laundry products at across campus – the capsule form reduces solid waste generation to lessen the impact on the landfills.
- Recycling grease, aluminum, cardboard, and plastic used in The Colonnade and Cooper Hotel, as well as using non-disposable serving pieces such as glass and china.
- Moving The Cooperized and The Scoop e-newsletters to an electronic format to eliminate paper waste.
- Achieving Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for landscaping by using reusable canvas bags for picking up leaves and grass. Yard trimmings are then recycled into compost.
As a result of our efforts, in 2011 Cooper Aerobics was named an ENERGY STAR leader by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR Program. Our dedicated energy conservationist and all of our teammates (employees) take part daily to conserve energy.
In addition to our recycling programs, Cooper Aerobics participates in many other campus-wide “green” efforts year-round. Read more about our green initiatives.
How do you conserve energy and recycle? Take the pledge to recycle more!