Healthy, Portable, New!
We’re well into the holiday season—that time of year when we’re all on the move. Whether we’re on planes, taking a road trip or in the mall there’s little time to think about healthy eating on the go. Cooper Clinic Registered Dietitian Meridan Zerner understands this dilemma well and has scoured the grocery stores for the newest, nutritious, portable snacks. She found snacks that are easy to pack and carry around, not messy, and delicious, of course. From bars to crackers and nuts, these snacks pack a punch of nutrition to keep you going.
Bars: Bars are a great grab-n-go snack because they combine whole grains, proteins and carbohydrates in one bar. Here are a few tasty options:
Chips: These chips are a crunchy option for those who like a saltier snack:
- Beanitos Chipotle BBQ Black Bean Chips
- Kashi Hummus Crisps
- Kitchen Table Bakers™Garlic Parmesan Crisps – These are made entirely of cheese!
Crackers/Granola: Crackers and granola can also add variety to your snack options:
- Nate and Sassy’s Granola
- Flackers Flax Seed Crackers
- I Heart Keenwah Clusters
- Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins
Nut Butters: These nut butters provide added nutrition to a cracker, a piece of fruit or even a vegetable like celery.
Gourmet Nuts and Seeds
- Go Raw Spicy Seed Mix
- Blue Diamond Coffee Caramel Macchiato Almonds
- Hail Merry Orange Rosemary Pecans
- Sahale Black Pepper Nut Blends
- Planters Protein Honey Nut Mix