Preparing for Pampering
If it’s your first spa treatment or not, it’s always a good reminder to prepare your body before receiving a spa treatment. To get the most value out of your service and to help manage your stress during the busy holiday season, Cooper Spa shares pre-massage tips with you!
- Use the sauna or steam room prior to treatment, if current health isn’t a restriction. The time that a massage therapist will typically spend warming up your body will be better utilized to work on any particular issues you’d like addressed. The heat also increases blood flow and will aide in the recovery from a deep tissue or fitness massage.
- Drink plenty of water, before and after treatment. A hydrated body is a healthy body, particularly for a massage. You can imagine how much fluid is moved around with the various massage techniques and drinking water is the best way to expel any waste that results from that movement.
- Speak up. This is your service and your massage therapist is there to cater to your needs. Don’t be shy if you want less pressure, or more. And make sure your licensed massage therapist knows about any health matters–it makes a difference in keeping you comfortable and safe.
- Take your time. We certainly want our guests to use our beautifully-renovated locker rooms in Cooper Fitness Center as part of the treatment process. Plan ahead and arrive 20-30 minutes early to take advantage of this unique facility offering. If you are having 2 or more services or would like information about a guest pass to use the fitness equipment or outdoor track, please ask a teammate (employee) of Cooper Spa.
- Go slow after a massage. You won’t want to rush around as your body is in a more relaxed state. Feel free to have a seat with us and don’t feel like you have to leave right away. We enjoy your company.
This holiday season, enjoy seasonal services at Cooper Spa Dallas. For fall, try the Honey Graham Cracker Pedicure or the Espresso Limón Cellulite Reduce Cocoon through Nov. 30. Need a gift for the holiday season? Starting today through December 24, purchase a $300 Cooper Spa gift card and receive a $40 voucher. Look for new seasonal services on Dec. 1!
To book your appointment, call 972.392.7729 or complete the online appointment request.
- Can't seem to get on the right health track? Follow these tips from Dr. Tyler Cooper. #MotivationMonday ow.ly/cr4k30aib9j 1 hour ago
- No dinner plans? Celebrate #spinachday with our healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip! ow.ly/PO2A30af3V9 https://t.co/pksPDZcWWx 1 day ago
- Waffles for breakfast? Learn why you might want to add them to your child’s lunch instead! ow.ly/lw2l30af3BJ… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- #AskTheExperts Learn what vitamins and supplements our Cooper Clinic Registered Dietitians take? #CooperNutrition ow.ly/U8XR30aeKjj 2 days ago
- They're small, but powerful. Discover why our nutritionists recommend adding Chia seeds to your diet. #chiaday ow.ly/7Rpv30acgpp 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Aerobic vs. Cardiovascular Exercise
- Podcast: Jorn Dyerberg, MD, the Father of the Omega-3 Movement, Interviewed
- A Dietitian's Look: Whataburger's "Under 550-Calorie" Menu
- Can Canned Soup Be Healthy?
- Treadmill Stress Test at Cooper Clinic
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know about Coach Coleman Crawford
- Breaking Down Your Breakfast: Donuts vs. Eggs
- Motivation Monday: Carrying the Momentum
- Spring Into Shape: 5 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise
- KO a Heart Healthy Workout for Valentine's Day