25 Things You Didn’t Know about Coach Coleman Crawford
Cooper Fitness Center Basketball Pro Coleman Crawford has more than 40 years of coaching experience on top of an impressive playing career. He graduated from the University of North Alabama, where he still holds the career scoring and rebounding averages records. From coaching youth/teen clinics to collegiate teams to NBA Development League and international teams, Coleman is passionate about developing players at all levels. He is especially dedicated to helping youth realize their athletic potential through the sport of basketball.
Though Coleman’s resume is impressive, there are many things not listed on his bio that contribute to the great person and coach he is. Read on for 25 facts you didn’t know about Coleman:
- The celebrity Coleman would most like to meet is Denzel Washington.
- Coleman’s favorite color is black.
- Coleman’s two children live in Tallahassee, Fla.
- He’s got the facts…Coleman’s favorite subject in school was history.
- Zucchini does not make the list of Coleman’s favorite foods. He can’t stand it!
- The worst injury Coleman ever had as a player was a double quad tear, which required surgery to repair.
- The best gift Coleman ever received was his two sons.
- Coleman’s favorite band is The Temptations.
- It’s a bird…it’s a plane…it’s superhero Coleman! If he had one superpower, it would be the ability to spread the power of education.
- Coleman is most proud of being married to his wife for 34 years.
- Ho Ho Ho! Coleman’s favorite holiday is Christmas.
- As a teenager, Coleman was a window washer at a shoe store. This gig turned into an even better one when he was asked to be a salesman at the shoe store!
- Coleman has lived in other countries, but his favorite place he’s lived is the United States.
- If you need someone to help you face your fears, Coleman is the guy! He says he is not afraid of anything.
- The thing he misses most about where he grew up is his brothers and sisters.
- Coleman’s favorite tasty treat is coconut cake.
- The nicest celebrity Coleman has ever met was Michael Jordan.
- The most memorable and exciting sporting event Coleman has ever been to was the NCAA Final Four.
- If his players learn only one thing from him, Coleman hopes they learn to persevere.
- The best thing Coleman cooks is breakfast food.
- When he was younger, Coleman wanted to be a lawyer.
- Coleman thinks the funniest hairstyle he ever had was a puffy afro.
- A fan of sun and surf, Coleman’s favorite family vacation was to the Caribbean.
- Some of the most nerve-wracking games Coleman was a part of as a coach or player included a number of Atlantic Coast Conference games.
- If he could train under another Cooper Fitness Center sports pro, Coleman would choose boxing with Derrick James.
For more information about Coleman and the basketball programs he offers at Cooper Fitness Center, visit cooperfitnesscenter.com/ProZone.