By Kathy Duran-Thal RDN, LD Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services
One of Dr. Cooper’s 8 Steps to Get Cooperized is to make healthy food choices most of the time. The holiday season is often a time of indulgence – delicious homemade meals and desserts are around every corner. Modification is key when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight and keeping healthy habits intact during the holidays. Take a look at the nutritional information for a traditional Thanksgiving meal versus one with lighter options:
A few simple swaps and smaller portions can keep you on track to achieve your health goals while still allowing you to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Learn more about preparing for a healthy and happy Thanksgiving here.
For more information about Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services, visit cooperclinicnutrition.com or call 972.560.2655.
- At risk for type 2 diabetes? Take this @AmDiabetesAssn quiz to determine your risk level. #DiabetesAlertDay ow.ly/deJv30alVF7 9 hours ago
- Cooper Complete recommends min. 2,000 IU vitamin D a day as baseline, @VitaminDCouncil recommends 5,000. #ThePillbox ow.ly/a6Fo30alGCf 9 hours ago
- Supplements are a good way to get vitamin D if you worry about the skin's sun exposure. @VitaminDCouncil #ThePillbox ow.ly/Or5U30alGcH 11 hours ago
- 2 ways to get Vitamin D are exposing skin to sunlight & taking vitamin D supplements. @VitaminDCouncil #ThePillbox ow.ly/Or5U30alGcH 12 hours ago
- Can't seem to get on the right health track? Follow these tips from Dr. Tyler Cooper. #MotivationMonday ow.ly/cr4k30aib9j 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Aerobic vs. Cardiovascular Exercise
- Can Canned Soup Be Healthy?
- How Does Your Glass of Milk Stack Up?
- What Does a Comprehensive Exam Entail?
- A Dietitian's Look: Whataburger's "Under 550-Calorie" Menu
- Fitness Testing: The 12 Minute Cooper Test
- Treadmill Stress Test at Cooper Clinic
- Spring into St. Patrick’s Day with Greens
- Taco Soup, Our All-Time Favorite Recipe
- Position Statement on Vitamin D | Kenneth H. Cooper, M.D., M.P.H.