By Kathy Duran-Thal RDN, LD Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services
One of Dr. Cooper’s 8 Steps to Get Cooperized is to make healthy food choices most of the time. The holiday season is often a time of indulgence – delicious homemade meals and desserts are around every corner. Modification is key when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight and keeping healthy habits intact during the holidays. Take a look at the nutritional information for a traditional Thanksgiving meal versus one with lighter options:
A few simple swaps and smaller portions can keep you on track to achieve your health goals while still allowing you to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Learn more about preparing for a healthy and happy Thanksgiving here.
For more information about Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services, visit cooperclinicnutrition.com or call 972.560.2655.
- What exactly is heart rate monitoring? Cooper Fitness Center's Ryan Sheppard explains. #CooperHeartHealth ow.ly/HFa2309n1dw 15 minutes ago
- Our Beautiful Fit Vanilla Tangerine Lotion pampers with a blend of vanilla & tangerine. On sale while supplies last! ow.ly/Y0yx309lT59 20 hours ago
- Stop by @dfwchild's Camp Fair today at @hockadayschool to learn about our year-round fitness options for kids!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Visited Cooper Hotel lately? Check out our newly renovated guest rooms in this virtual tour. #staywell ow.ly/2vNM309kHg4 1 day ago
- #TBT to Dr. Cooper performing a treadmill stress test on a patient in the early days of Cooper Aerobics Center.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Aerobic vs. Cardiovascular Exercise
- Can Canned Soup Be Healthy?
- Treadmill Stress Test at Cooper Clinic
- Podcast: Jorn Dyerberg, MD, the Father of the Omega-3 Movement, Interviewed
- Get Chummy with Cheese
- How Does Your Glass of Milk Stack Up?
- A Dietitian's Look: Whataburger's "Under 550-Calorie" Menu
- NEW! Teen TRX at Cooper Fitness Center
- The Skinny on Burger Nutrition: Go Lean!
- Meet Our Bloggers